An exciting opportunity has become available for a highly organised Sales Administrator/Transport Scheduler in a busy expanding business. Ideally the right candidate will bring with them previous experience of working in a busy office environment, multi-tasking and dealing with transport / deliveries.
- Receiving customer orders, amending in-process orders as per customer request.
- Coordinate and arrange delivery routes as necessary for the Lorries and Transits.
- Work closely with other departments as necessary to ensure smooth running of daily operations, minimise delays as well as customer disruption.
- Work towards deliveries being despatched on time, if not communicate appropriately with customers.
- Proactively working closely with the Management team & Operational Staff to ensure any order amendments are being dealt with high priority.
- Ensure excellent customer service is provided at all given times when communicating with customers and orders being processed in alignment with company standards.
- Be proactive to resolve customer complaints, issues or amendments.
- Organise appointments for our quoting team for Supply and Lay works.
- Compiling quotations and forwarding to customers.
- Liaising with the Management team and scheduling in Supply and Lay works.
- Contribute to process improvements by identifying opportunities to reduce costs and increase quality and efficiency.
- Be diverse during quieter periods be proactive and assist other departments
- Have previous experience with scheduling in transport.
- Geographical knowledge of Cornwall.
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Strong organisational, written, communication and interpersonal skills,
- Great attention to detail and accuracy,
- IT literate,
- A friendly and professional manner with a calm and focused attitude towards workload,
- Ability to work proactively and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure,
- Ability to prioritise workload and multi-task,
- Good time-management skills.
A full driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential for this post. If you do not hear back within 14 days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Near Penzance
Hours: Full time
Start Date: As soon as possible
If you would like to apply for this role, please forward a covering letter and C.V to email@example.com or alternatively download our application form here in either pdf or Word format. Once completed, feel free to either send it to us via email or by post. Please note that we will not accept applications with missing information.